New student orientation schedule
Abbreviations: JCC - Janzow Campus Center; PE - P.E. Building; TLEC - Thom Leadership Education Center; Walz - Walz Human Performance Complex
Friday, Aug. 23 - Student & Parent Information Day
7 - 9 a.m.
(Optional) Continental Breakfast (JCC Dining Hall)
Students eat free. Other meals can be purchased on a cash basis. (Breakfast $6/person)
8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Taking Care of Business . . .
JCC Upper Level, Lobby & Cattle Conf. Room
- Check in with Admissions Counselor
- Have First Day of College Family Photo taken
- Sign up for music audition time
- Find out about bookstore services
- Confirm preferred Meal Plan
- Register vehicle and bicycle
- Freshmen check-in with academic advisor
- Check health records
- Check Athletic Participation Forms
- Academic Resource Center & ADA Info
- Meet area bank reps-Cattle, Jones, Union
- Check for employment opportunities
- Pick up residence hall keys (after you have turned in required health forms)
Post Office - Lower level of (JCC)
- Pick up Post Office box keys (8am-5pm)
Weller Main Level
- ID/Yearbook photo taken (Weller 102)
- Verify financial information with Student Financial Services (Weller 106)
11 - 1 p.m.
(Optional) Lunch (JCC Dining Hall)
Students eat free. Meals can be purchased on a cash basis. ($7/person)
1 - 2 p.m.
Dessert with Professors and Directors (Atrium in Walz)
Students/Parents visit with faculty about programs and majors offered or talk to any of the areas or services offered at this time.
2 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
President’s Welcome. (Walz Arena)
2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Time to Settle In
Continue to unpack, go downtown, etc. Your decision!
4 p.m. - 5 p.m.
First Year Experience Orientation: Parents and New Students (TLEC)
- 5:00 pm FYE Sections 4 – 9, 12
- 5:15 pm FYE Sections 1-3, 10 and 11
- 6:00 pm Returning students
5 - 7 p.m.
FREE Farewell Dinner (JCC Dining Hall or Cattle Conference Room)
New students, transfers, & parents join faculty, staff, coaches, RAs and LAUNCH leaders.
The President and members of the Cabinet will serve dessert in the JCC lobby! When you finish eating enjoy an ice cream sundae in the lobby or on the deck!
Good-bye families! Thank you for being with us at Concordia today!
7 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
New Student Class Photo and Launch Groups (Stadium)
7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
New Blue Challenge #1 Floor Competition (Pizza to the Floors that win)
9 p.m. – 10:15 p.m.
The “O” Show (Weller Auditorium)
Saturday, Aug. 24
9 - 11 a.m.
9 - noon
Auditions for Choirs and Band (for those who reserved a time)
11 a.m. – noon
Brother/Sister Floor Meeting (Plan activities and get to know each other)
Noon - 1 p.m.
Lunch: Dining Hall and Dog House Grill open
1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Your Decision: Volleyball, basketball, watch scrimmages, etc.
3 p.m. - 4 p.m.
“Life at CU” (Weller Auditorium)
4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
New Athlete Orientation with the Director of Athletics (TLEC Auditorium)
6 p.m. – 7 p.m.
7 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Support your friends and watch the scrimmage
8:30 p.m. -11:30 p.m.
Bulldog Bash (Street in front of Janzow)
Sunday, August 25
7 - 9 a.m.
8 - 12 p.m.
Worship Opportunity (Sign up to attend a local church on bulletin board)
11 - 1 p.m.
Lunch: Dining hall and Dog House Grill open
1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
New Blue Challenge #2
2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Meet with FYE 101 Class (Same TLEC classrooms as Friday)
3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Settle in or Get Organized!
5 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Dining Hall and Dog House Open
Concordia’s Opening Worship Service (St. John’s Lutheran Church, Seward)
Floor Meeting: All residence hall students must attend this meeting on their floors.