Fall 2012: Returning student information
“Ephesians 2:19 – You are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household.”
Please review the information provided below as you get ready for your return Concordia. If you have any questions or concerns about this coming year, please feel free to contact the office of student services.
Arrival dates for August 2012
- Football and soccer athletes can move into their residence halls on Friday, Aug. 10.
- Volleyball athletes can move into their residence halls on Friday, Aug. 17.
- Remaining “New” students can move into their residence halls on Friday, Aug. 24.
- Returning students can move into their residence halls Sunday, Aug. 26.
Exceptions to the above dates need PRIOR approval by the Student Life Office (402-643-7411) and are subject to a charge of $50/day.
If you are in the residence halls before the dates listed above without prior approval you will be charged $50 per day and subject to other sanctions.
Athletes: Contact your coach if you have questions about arrival arrangements and the camp schedule. The dates when the halls open and close for each semester, as well as vacation periods, are published in the student handbook.
General student information
- Academic calendar
- Academic support
- ADA (Americans with Disability Act)
- Anonymous mental health screenings
- Computer support
- Health center
- Jobs for students
- How to find your class schedule
- Career services and Synodical placement
- Residence hall dimensions
- Student financial services forms
- Student handbook
- Student right-to-know, campus security act
- Theft and fire insurance
- Vehicle permits/bike permits
- Area hotels and motels
- Parental consent & authorization for counseling form (for students 19 and under)
- FERPA: Student consent for release of information form
- Parent's page at CUNE.edu
- Newspaper publicity form
Medical forms and forms needed for athletic participation
Opening service for the fall semester is Sunday, Aug. 26, at 7 p.m. and classes begin on Monday, Aug. 27.
Policy for living off campus
Living off campus is something that should be considered well in advance of the fall semester. Please review the current resident requirements policy for more information.
Bringing a vehicle to campus?
All students who drive cars on campus will need red parking permits, if your red permit is still readable you can use the same red permit you obtained last year. Please note that this year all parking violations will result in tickets that will be 1st-warning; 2nd-$40; 3rd-$60; 4th-towed. Towing will be at the driver’s expense and will require payment for towing and all previous tickets prior to the release of the car. Please see the additional vehicle registration information provided by the Department of Building and Grounds.
All returning students need to stop in the human resources office (Weller first floor) to pick up and sign for their new I.D. card. You will need to turn in your old I.D. card at that time. If you no longer have your old I.D. card, you will need to show a picture I.D. when picking up the new card. If you did not come in for a picture before you left last April, your new I.D. was printed with an older picture on file. If you did want to update the picture now, the cost would be $10.