- Highlight the importance of faith for college and in all careers
- Encourage potential church workers at your church
- Consider Concordia
The annual observance of Concordia Sunday gives churches the opportunity to speak up for the value of a Lutheran education at Concordia University, Nebraska and other institutions of the Concordia University System.
Concordia University, Nebraska is one of 10 institutions of the CUS and regularly accounts for one of four individuals trained as church workers. Concordia has church work programs for future pastors, teachers, directors of Christian education, directors of family life ministry and directors of parish music.
Concordia also prepares its students for careers in business, science, art, medicine, counseling, law and many other fields. All students are taught in a learning environment in which Jesus Christ is central and faith is considered an integral part of all vocations.
What you can do through your church
Suggested activities for LCMS churches:
- Celebrate – Plan on hosting a special worship service that highlights the benefits of Lutheran education on April 26 or another available Sunday. We have created an easy checklist and some fun tools to add to those available from the synod. Get your “Proud Concordia Alumni” stickers today!
- Download a Concordia Sunday checklist for the church office (Word Doc) to use when getting ready for a Concordia Sunday. The checklist includes bulletin announcements and instructions on how to get stickers and more from Concordia.
- Download a parishioners' sign-up sheet (PDF) for finding out more about Concordia University, Nebraska.
- Encourage -- Talk to young people about Lutheran schools and church work careers. Ask the congregation's pastors and teachers to encourage those with special gifts to serve the church.
- Check out the congregational resources for fostering church worker recruitment.
- View the information regarding recruiting and supporting LCMS church workers.